Monday, March 1, 2010

Can you believe it?

So last week the movers came to pack up me and Amber's belongings. Well, naturally, there would be another snow storm hit Ramah and the roads were bad. The movers eventually made it to Ramah and of course they couldn't get the big moving truck up the hill to my Mom's house. So who comes to the rescue? Uncle John of course. He took the movers up and down the hill ALL DAY LONG so they could pack up boxes and move everything down the hill to the moving truck. Even though I know what a great person my uncle is, I'm still in shock that there is someone who would do this. He is always helping people out, even when he is busy with his own things. He helped Amber and I a lot while we were in NM and he is still helping now that we're gone.

I am very blessed to have such a great family. Sometimes you can forget things like that. But aparently the movers were in shock all day at what a great family I have. It started out when they first got to Ramah and asked my Aunt Loretta where Clawson St. was. Well, she helped them out with the right directions to my house (as she knew they were expected). Then, when they couldn't get up the hill in their truck they were in shock when my Uncle John saved the day. And finally they couldn't believe it when my Unlce Rex and Riley came to my Mom's house to shovel her snow. Then of course there is my Mom who took countless days off of work for me and Amber while we there and took one more day off so the movers could come. She has done so much for me.

They only caught a glimpse of what it's like to have such a wonderful family. I'm lucky to have had them all my life (tear). It seems like someone is always helping someone else and I know that I can always go to them for help. I could fill up the whole internet with stories like these, so thanks everyone, for everything.

1 comment:

  1. You ARE so blessed Carla! How wonderful you and Andy are together as a family again too. Love,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete